Tweek It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Empty Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:35 am

Ok all the time has started to protect the underside of the car. I hope my updates help others also looking to protect there car for years to come. Open to ideas and suggestions along the way as this is the first time I have attempted a task to this scale.

At lunch time today I had an hour to burn so decided to make a start on the back box, even tho in the next few days I will be removing it fully to seriously tweak.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Exchaust-BEFORE
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Exchaust-AFTER

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration ExchaustBEFORE
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration ExchaustAFTER

After coming across the forum peojectpuma I saw Jacko had started selling short stainless steel bars that fit in the Miltec exhaust to make them look similar to the standard exhaust tip so as that arrived first thing this morning I found 5 mins to fit it, took a little tweaking of the bar but with a gentle tap tap with the hammer all is well,

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration MiltecBar-JACKO

Personal I think it looks fantastic such a little modification but gives it that standard look. He’s currently selling it on ebay if anyone else is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ford-racing-puma-milltek-exhaust-bar_W0QQitemZ160374628151QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2557129f37

I’m fortunate enough to have a garage but its not much wider and longer than the car so its very tight for moving however once under the car space is not an issue its just getting under the car that’s the problem.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration NotMuchRoom

Ok started by jacking up the car and putting under axle stands

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Stage1

Photos of the rear carriage of the car, the majority of rust is surface however there are areas were its getting worse.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Rust2
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Rust3
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Rust1
Removed heat shield

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration HeatSheild1

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration HeatShield2

Will be replacing as its cracked in the middle and has seen better days.

Photo of the corrosion under the back box heat shield

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Stage2

Photo of the two bolts holding the heat shield in place.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Stage4

Quick tidy up with a wire brush

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Stage3

Cleaned the bolts up and sprayed in satin black.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Stage5

More to come tomorrow.

Not to sure on what product to use, but going towards smooth finish black hammerite on this section, any arguments against or for?????

All comments welcome

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Empty Re: Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:36 am

Thank you for your input so far all especially the comments in regard to underseal products i will be buying the special offer kit on the website below.

http://www.bilthamber.com/bilthamber-special-offers.php

I intend to paint over the bilthamber with a colour (no colour chosen yet, open to ideas) would hammerite be suitable?

mikeFRP Flashbastd finding your project threds extremely usefull many thanks for that, be prepared for many questions. 😉

Ok quick update, after being to the hospital today for my EEG scan it looks as though i wont be able to drive for a year Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad wont know for sure untill the results come back in a couple of weeks so its not looking good. :-( :-(

Absoultley gutted as only had my licence back for less than year as i was bannded for 9 months for drink driving (TW4T)

So as i cant use the car for a year i have decided that i may as well strip the whole under carriage and really go to town, as well as getting the car to concourse condition over the next 350 days.

Will be having to move the car on to the drive for the extra space for the removal of the rear beam, fuel tank suspension etc.

So first things first i need a car cover.

I know i said i would rather not use my car during the winter but i didnt mean for an entire year

A very gutted David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Empty Re: Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:37 am

Was going to start on the underside today but once again i found a reason to work on the Panels lol

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration S73F1579

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5858

Got to finish detailing a friends BMW tomorrow so depending on what time i finish will depend on if i get chance to do some more.

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

ok small update spent a couple of hours on the under side witha variety of wire brushes, preparing the surface for protection and paint only managed to do a smallish section so far.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Stage6

and i've had the exchaust in the lounge for the last couple of nights (to the misses delight), spent around 3 hours on it so far, slowly getting there.

So from this:

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration ExchaustBEFORE

to this (so far):

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration Almost

Didnt realise my friend who owns the body shop has a sand blaster so will make life so much easier to prepare the hubs etc for painting once i get them removed.
David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

if you cant beat them join them Laughing

Bit of x factor and a back box Laughing Laughing

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1043

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:38 am

ok found a bit of time this evening to do some more on the car, so decided to remove the rear bumper and turn the car around in the garage as to give me more room to work.

carried on stripping the underside but wont update pictures untill a large section is complete and ready for primer etc

Been a busy week but hoping to get lots done over the weekend.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02780

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02783-1

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02781

when I started the car to move it out the garage I forgot the back box wasn't on WOW loud noises Wink
Now I know all cars sound stupidly loud with the back box missing but Jesus what a noise the FRP makes.

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:38 am

Ok little update

Managed to clear the garage out today, there was a running machine, loads of old carpet, underlay and loads of boxes at the front of the garage, so found space in the shed for the boxes carpet etc and put the running machine in the spare bedroom.

By moving all of the above I managed to move the car another 2 foot further in to the garage so now I can leave it jacked up and not have to lower it to close the garage door. Result

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02787

So now the car can stay up on the jacks I took the wheels off and started to clean the wheels, which gave me a chance to final use my new power hose purchase and poor boys wheel sealant.

No before photos but they were pretty filthy on the inside but nothing the cherry wheel cleaner, Maguire’s brush couldn’t shift.

Hoping to finish off the other wheel tomorrow and may remove the rear beam etc (time permitting).

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02788

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02786

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02785

Got a replacement centre cap for this wheel as i sprayed TFL on the wheel a while back and didn't rinse it off properly and it stained the cap Sad

Plus the dreaded xfactor was on again so was another chance to rope the misses in to another couple of hours on the back bax, half a tub of Meguires NXT metal gone

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02792

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:39 am

Sundays 22/11/2009

Finished off cleaning the second wheel and applied poor boys wheel sealant.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02801
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02800

Put with other in the garage with some bubble wrap over them.
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02802

Started to remove the rear beam, managed to remove the two brake callipers, discs and the bolts holding the suspension arms on, but due to my limited tools I couldn't undo the following rear beam bolts, Sad

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02797

very frustrating as would have been nice to taken it fully off this evening, hopefully friend popping over tomorrow night with the extra sockets etc that I need.

Spent another 20 mins with the wire wheel brush attached to the drill.

Few random shots

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02798

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02796

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02794

I’m slowly realising quite how much is involved with this project but as I have a year ahead of me to do it I’m no rush and enjoying each time I have some time to work on it.

Right almost time for another hour on the back box

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:39 am

Monday 23/11/09

OK managed to have a good giggle with a few mates tonight whilst trying to remove the rear beam and fuel tank, it was the first time for all of us so was quite a learning curve Shocked

had one of the rear beam bolts rounded on us Evil or Very Mad however after some action with the hammer we eventually got the rear beam off.

So first off the centre section removed and another heat shield.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02806

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02804

Rear beam removed after a good half an hour fighting the bolt

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02814

OK ready for the fuel tank removal

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02807

Would like to note there was only an 1/8 of a tank of fuel left however just so you know that’s still quite a lot lol

So after some fiddling we got it off whilst the two pipes that go in to the top were dripping on the floor.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02809

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02810

Think the fuel got to us a bit as we found the name of the pump highly amusing

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02816

And finally just a random shot of the arch, think I’ll be starting on this tomorrow evening.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02805
David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:40 am

Me and the other half couldn't help but exchange a xmas present early Smile

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1096

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1097

She though I was going to hate it, but I think its fantastic.

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:41 am

Thursday 26/11/09

Final removed the rest of the rear end, callipers, suspension, fuel black box and the fuel pipe the whole area now ready for stripping.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02821

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02825

You can see that the rear brake lines are still attached as I’m waiting for the brake fluid to empty before removing.

To remove the suspension I had to gain access to the top nut in the boot so decided to remove the carpets etc (something else to tweak indoors)

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02820

Now everything has been removed I can assess the rust, it appears a little worse than I was hoping but nothing to major, I should hopefully be able to rectify without to much hassle.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02824

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02823

As I haven’t taken on a task to this scale before I thought it would be worth taking note of were everything came from

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02817

After some web searching today I’ve found a local electro plating company

http://www.trentonelectroplating.co.uk/why-use-trenton-electroplating.php

and after a quick call to the owner he has told me it will cost in the region of £25 to have all my bolts, nuts etc plating in zinc.

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Saturday 28/11/09:

Went out last night and had a few drinks so didn’t manage to get a lot done today, had planned on getting the suspension taken apart and the rear beam but didn’t get to mates garage before he closed.

Got the power hose out and spent half an hour cleaning up some replacement second hand inner front arch liners I bought a month ago. Come up really well. Will compare to the front two once removed and then replace with the best ones.

Unfortunately the camera wasn’t charged so poo photos as taken with the iPhone

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1156

Also jet washed the fuel tube.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1152

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1151

Used some cheap plastic cleaner and has come up like new.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02827

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02826

Removed the metal bit from the top of the fuel pipe as will send this away for zinc plating with the rest of the bolts.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02828

(RPOC & PROJECT PUMA)

Does anyone know the Ford order code for the rear brake lines?

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1159

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Saturday 28/11/09

Cant help myself

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02829

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02832

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02830

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02831

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:42 am

Sunday 29/11/09

Not really done alot today. To much football

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02834

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02835

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02833

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02836

Looking forward to Tuesday as taking rear beam etc to powder coaters

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:42 am

Monday 30/11/09

Ok brake lines removed, however my lack of experience showing again here,

Please can someone tell me how to remove the hose section to the brake calliper?

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02837

Trying to get it removed to give it a tidy up, as had original planned on replacing but new ones £70+ and I think I can get these looking pretty much new.

Lines in the lounge ready for a clean up, getting some Jenolite rust remover for the nuts on the ends as they have seen better days.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02840

Also taking the rear beam and tank etc to powder coaters tomorrow and I would like to get the rear callipers shot blasted and powder coated in silver.

First of all is this something that anyone has had done before and if so should I strip them down? (ie ever nut and bolt?)

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02838

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02841

Also should I cover the holes up, advice required please.

And should I be looking to remove this? If so how as cant get it to budge.
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02842
David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:43 am

Tuesday 01/12/09 (some pictures with iPhone again so poo)

Ok managed to achieve a lot today, got up early (ish) and removed the last part of the brake line (thanks to Flash for instruction)

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02843

Also decided to power hose the rear arches in preparation for stripping back:

Placed large plastic sheet on the garage floor to stop the floor getting covered in water sprayed the arches with engine bay cleaner and left for 5 mins before attacking with the power hose.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1163

A lot of dirt still left tucked away in the upper arches as can be seen on the sheet after the wash.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1164

Took pump out of fuel tank and tipped the rest of the remaining fuel in to friend’s car.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02865

Spent some time on the rear arches with the angle grinder to try and remove the rusted areas, not finished as yet but made a good start.

Before:
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1165-1

After:
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02860

Random Arch:
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02857

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02856

Took rear beam down to friends garage so he could take them apart.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02844

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02845

However he told me that there is no way he could remove the rear ABS sensors without braking them  so before he did, he told me it would be worth getting a price on a replacement one wait for it ………………………… £118 plus the VAT 

So for now he has taken it apart but hasn’t taken out the ABS sensor (therefore all the parts linked together), until I decided what to do about it. Rang Puma Build spoke to a very helpful employ who explained to me in all the years he has worked on the Racing Puma he has only ever got one off without it breaking.

So the options:

1. Remove the old one so all the parts can be taken to shot blasters and powder coaters and replace the ABS sensor even though the one on the beam works (at a cost of £118+) Evil or Very Mad

2. See if the shot blasters and powder coaters can work round the problem with leaving the sensor attached. (Unlikely but worth asking)

Whilst there he took the springs off the suspension so now there ready for powder coaters. As for the damper I’ll have to clean this up by hand as been told cannot be shot blasted.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02863

Whilst there I got his other half to order me some seam sealer in.

Decided to go to Halfrauds for some bits and bobs.

Got back and attacked the rear callipers with some paint stripper, worked pretty well but still took some good old elbow grease to get them ready for painting.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02851

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02855

Only painted part of the calliper so far, but adding layers to the main part over the course of the evening. 

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02854

Whilst at Halfrauds I bought some

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02848

I have put all my bolts, rear discs etc in the bucket for the night hoping to remove the majority of the rust in preparation for the zinc plating.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02850

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:44 am

Tuesday 01/12/09

Finished of spraying the rear callipers, really happy with the results Smile

During:

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02870

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02871

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02873

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02872

Afters:
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02875

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:44 am

Wednesday 02/11/09

Took brake discs out of the bucket and surface rust has all been removed 
All other bolts and nuts etc looking pretty good as well however leaving them in for at least another 24 hours as some of them still a bit rusty. Thumbs up for the hammerite rust remover, I did think to myself how effective could it actually be putting already rusty nuts etc into a bucket of water, however true to its name its certainly done the trick. 

This is the discs after being taken out of the bucket and dried off.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02875-1

Both masked up for spraying.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02877

After photos

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02878

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02880

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02881

Another part stored in the kitchen ready to be put back on.

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:45 am

Wednesday 02/11/09

Ok saving the pennies all over the place, picture of the hand brake cable plastic brackets and brake line holders.

I've put the hand brake cable brackets in to the bucket to try and remove the rust stains, not sure if the replaement hand brake cable im getting will have replacement ones but we'll see.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02883

Cleaned up the brake brackets with good old WD40 and a old toothbrush.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02884

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Thursday 03/12/2009

Little update, my order of Hammerite rust gel arrived today, cheap ebay purchase going to apply the two pots to the two worst effected areas tomorrow night hopefully should remove the majority of the rust and save me time with the wire brushes etc. Theres was some Jenolite going for a £2 so i thought i would give it a try on some of the less effected areas.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02888

In the tub wrapped in cling film are the nuts and bolts with some of the liquid Hammerite rust remover out of the bucket. Friend popped over earlier as he's taking them to the place he gets his metal treated. Hopefully should be getting them back by next Wednesday. Left them in the fluid as theres one or two still a little rusty.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02887

Kitchen beginning to get a little crowded.

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Saturday 05/11/2009

Treated the rusted areas with the Hammerite rust gel last night and after inspected this morning it seems to have lifted some of the surface rust but nothing to major most areas will still require a good going over with the wire brush.

So far this morning spent a good hour with a tough brush giving the drivers side arch a really good scrub down ready for stone chip etc. No pictures as not much to show.

Started masking taping up some of the underside in preparation for the spraying of zinc primer, epoxy mastic 121 and imperial blue paint. As you can see haven’t finished yet came in to watch the football.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02892

Before the masking I made a start on the drivers side sill, decided to buy some grey zinc primer to apply to areas that I do to stop rust coming back before I get chance to treat the whole underside with the epoxy mastic 121 product.

This area so far has taken me a few hours, not expecting the other areas to take as long as this is the worst section.

Before:

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1198

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1199

After:

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02891

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02890

Would note that I had removed the rest of the rusty orange patches before spraying

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:46 am

Sunday 06/12/2009 (phone photos )

Early hours of this morning decided to get the front of the car up on the ramps so that I could raise the rear axles to gain better access to the underside of the car. Took around an hour to get it to the required height as we had to raise each corner one axle height at a time and try to shift the front of the car more central in the garage so I could get the front wheel off when it was in the air, as you can imagine this wasn’t by any means easy however in the end we got it up and removed the front two wheels.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02890-1

As you can see not a lot of remove either side but just enough to walk down.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1203
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1204
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02887-1

Only had a few hours today but managed to clean up the front wheels and use some wheel sealant:

Used G101 multi purpose cleaner and then red cheery wheel cleaner with megs brush and brushes

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1202

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1201

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1200

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02920

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02922

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02919

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02921

Now stored in the garage with the other two.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1205

After being told that the mastic 121 product is best applied to bare stripped metal I will now remove the rust / paint and leave untreated until the epoxy mastic 121 arrives. (Thanks for pointing that out CosKev)

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 am

Tuesday 08/12/2009

Busy ish day today, removed the rear brake pads from the Hammerite Rust remover bucket

Before:
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02891-1

After:
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02921-1

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02922-1

Loaded the freshly painted callipers and pads in to the ruck sack and walked down to friend’s garage. Used the correct calliper piston tool to push the piston back in.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02924

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02925

Calliper back home situated on the disc, looking pretty good if I say so myself. You can see few more hours done on the exhaust, finally getting there however as you can see still some bits to finish off and the centre section to make a start on.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02927

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02928

Decided to see if I could remove the ABS sensor on the rear beam without it breaking as a replacement one is £118 + vat. As mentioned before they usually brake when removing so a gently gently approach was used.

Sprayed plenty of WD40 on to the sensor and bolts. Bolts were on tight but managed to get them off after plenty of elbow, as for the sensor they were in tight, used a 8mm and 10mm socket and lined it up on the edges of the sensor and gently tapped away with a hammer. Sensor finally came loose 

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1206

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1207

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1208

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration IMG_1209

Unfortunately there has been some minor dents on the tops of the sensors, only minor but after speaking to my mate (mechanic) he reckons there pretty sensitive so may not work, says once its back on the car I’ll be able to tell straight away as the warning light will show on the dash if its faulty.

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02930

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02931

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02932

Is there anyone else here that has any knowledge on this, does this look as though it might be to damage to be ok still, obviously hoping it’ll be ok as £118 is a lot of money for something that was original ok 

This evening I’ve cleaned up the rear ABS loop, suspension piston covers and rear bushes.

Before:
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02926

After:
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02933

Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02936

Before:
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02929

After:
Ford Racing Puma - Underbody Restoration DSC02937

Keep them comments coming Wink

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  dunny Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:10 am

smart that mate, im a fan of resto jobs on the rarer cars, keep us updated

dunny

Back to top Go down

Post  williamsclio1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:09 pm

will do, hopefully the bolts etc will be back from the coaters tomorrow.

David

williamsclio1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next